Volunteer for the Arts!
Humboldt Arts Council welcomes volunteers. Our many volunteers are in integral part of the Morris Graves Museum of Art. Volunteering is a great way to meet new and interesting people, learn more about art, and support the Museum.
"I've met so many people who appreciate art and truly enjoy the experience as I do. I can't seem to get enough art. Each time I volunteer I'm enlightened to a new level of awareness."
- HAC Volunteer, Karan Collenberg
"The best thing about volunteering for the HAC is being exposed to artists and their creations, a thing that would never otherwise happen to me. I am enriched and touched even when I do not understand"
- HAC Volunteer, Ellsworth Pence
"It's a great way to keep the arts in the
communityand a learning experience bar none!"
-HAC Volunteer, Pauline Huber
Learn More About Art!
Attend special events, artists' lectures, performances and parties
- Teach someone something new
- Enjoy a volunteer appreciation parties each year
- Represent your community
- Get involved behind-the-scenes at the Museum
- Borrow books from HAC's art library
- Meet others with similar interests
- Win great prizes in the monthly volunteer raffle
- Be the first to see new exhibits
- VOLUNTEER REWARDS: Everytime you log in your hours we tally them up for special recognition!
- 50 Hours recieves a $5 Gift Certificate to
the Museum Gift Shop
- 150 Hours recieves a free Circle of 100
membership to the Humboldt Arts Council
- 250 Hours recieves recognition on our
Outstanding Volunteers plaque.
Volunteer Positions Include but are not limited to:
- MUSEUM GREETERS & MUSEUM GIFT SHOP GREETERS welcome Morris Graves Museum of Art visitors at the information desk and downstairs at the Musuem Gift Shop and ensure that visitors have an enjoyable experience. Museum Greeters answer questions; provide information about current and upcoming exhibits, programs, and performances; direct visitors to the Museum Gift Shop; and help visitors locate bricks in the Melvin Schuler Sculpture Garden. Museum Greeters also act as light security and walk through galleries during their shift to make sure everything is in order and that the Museum's policies are followed. Museum Greeters must volunteer a minimum of one 2 1/2 hour shift per month.
- ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEERS
assist in the Humboldt Arts Council offices. Responsibilities include assisting with mailings, filing, photocopying, data entry, and other administrative projects. Administrative Volunteers may work on a regular or
- SPECIAL EVENTS VOLUNTEERS assist with many of our monthly programs such as Arts Alive!, Second Saturday Family Arts Day and Third Sunday Jazz Jam. Assist with setup, light security, refreshment table, ticket sales, greet visitiors and more. Additional opportunities include helping at the Humboldt Arts Council's Annual Celebration of the Arts Gala, the Annual Appraisal Faire, and providing light security during receptions and private parties. Special Event volunteer opportunities are available weekly -- call in for our next event!
- THE HUMBOLDT DOCENT COUNCIL is an educational outreach organization with an interest in learning about and sharing their knowledge of art. The Docent Council provides quality educational services, assists in the functions of the Museum and promotes interest in the Museum. This group of dedicated volunteers meets monthly to discuss the current exhibits, to attend lectures by exhibiting artists, to learn more about guiding tours, and to discuss other art-related programs and events. Many Humboldt Docent Council members also lead groups with the Art Banks program. For more information please visit: http://humboldtarts.org/Programs/docent.html
For more information, please contact the Museum Manager at (707) 442-0278, ext. 202